Friday, February 11, 2011

tithing settlement

[disclaimer this bit has nothing to
do with the blog]
I used to think that I wanted to die old
live as long as I could
forget it! when I can't do stuff I want to
take me out! i'll be okay with it

okay so GGp can't go to church anymore
it's just way too hard for him
and GGm can't go during the winter
cause it's just too cold for her and the ice and snow es no bueno!

so in our church
we pay tithing
[you can click on tithing and it will tell you all about it]
and at the end of the year we have
tithing settlement, like balancing a check book
and then we get a receipt

GGp hadn't got his yet so he asked me to pick it up for him
because we can count it on our taxes
[Jesus for the win!]
so when I brought home he opened it
and this is what happened

"It's not balancing,
[he uses accounting terms, he's an accountant]
I'm going to have to call the bishop.
[then under his breath]
dammit!"

growing up I thought GGm and GGp 
were such good people
never stepped out of line or anything
and their swearing all the time
is HIL-AR-IOUS!

1 comment:

  1. After a certain age, I think there should be a free pass. Sounds like your grandparents have definitely reached that age. Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete