Wednesday, February 16, 2011

valentine's day dinner

although i knew i was going to hate valentine's,
since i was continuing my membership in
the lonely hearts club,
i decided to make valentine's special
for GGm and GGp

so after doing something monday
i got home about 10 til 4
i told them that i needed to go grocery shopping

so i got the shopping list
hurried through the store
[which is so out of character for me]
because i was supposed to pick up the pizza at 4:30
i had called it in so i wouldn't have to wait

so i get to the pizza shop and give them my name
can't find the pizza
they ask for my number and look again
can't find the pizza
so they say we'll get your right out
it took them ten minutes, after the ten minutes i stood in line
ugh!

so i rush home
only to find out that GGP had let GGm eat a big lunch
which when GGm eats a big lunch
she doesn't want anything for dinner

they told me they didn't want to eat til 6:45 anyways
so i rode up to my aunt's [SJ's mom] with DQ
to give some valentine's and then
drove back

we decided to get some dinner for me
since the plan was to leave GGp and GGm alone for dinner
we decided on Rumbi Island Grill
we called it in and i crossed my fingers that
this time my food would be ready

it was supposed to be ready at 6:16
it wasn't ready until 6:46
so i was very mad!
i had dinner to finish and i was keeping them waiting!

so i call them and ask them to heat up the oven
[did i mention the pizza is a u-bake pizza?]
i get home throw it in
make a salad
[iceberg lettuce, cause that's what they like,
carrots and celery-don't judge me, i was in a hurry]

i then set the table
pretty fancy, right?

i didn't want them to get up so i had plenty of salad
which they ate all of
and there were extra slices of pizza

i even had desert on the table too
heart shaped chocolate chop cookies



GGp was partially in on it
he knew a heart shaped pizza would be involved
but nothing else
so both of them were blown away

i lit the candles as i left
and they still can't stop talking about it

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

***UPDATE-rumbi has totally made up for my horrendous night. the manager called me on wednesday and apologized after corporate forwarded my email to him. and i have free meal vouchers. i'm still waiting on papa murphy's to call me back [feb. 23, 11]

No comments:

Post a Comment