Friday, March 15, 2013

"this is a keeper"

mom and I were watching tv
the other night and she got all 
obsessed with this seafood chowder

I have accepted the fact that
I have to make my own dinner cause
I am the pickiest eater ever

but things have changed with
scrambler and critic moving in
[which by the way, they think they're here
for an "extended visit"]

critic has to watch her salt intake
because of her heart, so that rules out a lot,
and she can't stand peas

scrambler can't stand fish,
among other things

so with every meal mom makes
critic and scrambler tell her if she should keep making it
like they're the bosses around here,
don't even get me started

mom made a seafood chowder
which i could smell by 11am
upstairs, in my room, with the door closed
[I can't stand the smell of seafood]

and at the end of the meal
scrambler says "this is a keeper"
and critic says "it was okay, it could have been warmer"
which is a whole other story, for another day

but trust me the irony of him
liking a SEAFOOD chowder is not lost on me

for the recipe head over to 

No comments:

Post a Comment